Marketing Your Business Online
If you are a local small business, it is imperative that you have an online presence. Chances are your competition certainly has and so you need to as well. If you do not have an online presence, then you are leaving money on the table. Traditional offline marketing is not as effective as it once was. More and more people are searching and researching businesses, services and products online before they made their decision to buy. Marketing your business online is an important part of your overall marketing strategy.
When it comes to online marketing it is about being trustworthy and a valuable resource for potential customers. You must remember it is all about them and not you. It is about what problem are you solving for them. Here are 5 things for you to consider when starting your online marketing campaigns.
- Website – having an effective website is at the center of your online presence. You want to be sure it is fresh and up to date and reflects your business in the best possible light. You will want t to be sure it is optimized for the search engines. You also want to be sure that you have the content your potential customers are looking for.
- Social Media – What does your social media presence look like? What platforms are you on? Are you posting consistently? Your content should be 80% educating, informing and entertaining your followers and 20% about your product or service. You also need to utilize paid ads to reach new protentional customers. It is best to have a strategy in place so that you achieve your goals and objectives.
- Video – This is emerging as a very effective way to reach new customers as well as your current customers. It too involves having a strategy as there are many ways to utilize videos. Consider live videos for question and answer sessions, product launches or even a webinar type video. They are a great way for your audience to get to know you and your brand.
- Email – Contrary to what some believe, email marketing is effective if you have the right list. You want people who are interested in what you have to offer. There are many list building strategies you can utilize to ensure that you are marketing to the right people.
- Blogging – This is often underutilized by small business owners, but it is a great way to give a voice to your brand. It also helps with SEO for your site and will increase traffic to your site. Businesses that blog are seen as more authentic than those that don’t.
It is best to remember not to try to jump in all at once. You need to plan and have a good strategy that you adjust as you go along. Remember it is all about your customers or potential customers and what they want to know and what they are looking for. If you need help with marketing your business online, then give drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us